Wednesday, February 1, 2012


It has been a week and A LOT has happened/changed. Actually, ONE really big thing happened that caused ALL the change. Robb and I have been seriously discussing children but unlike our straight friends who can just start 'trying' when they decide they are ready to expand their family, it's not that simple for us. Wanting our kids to be genetically ours and share the same surrogate, we have researched and found a great surrogacy lawyer and agency. The only problem is that you could buy a house in most states for the cost. We are also considering adoption which opens us up to a whole other lists of variables and concerns not to mention the time factor. With all this on my mind I decided to go visit some of the local dog shelters to play with the poor inmates and be of some service. Who knew how much service I would end up being! I made it through two shelters and the better part of the afternoon unscathed and unattached. The third shelter did me in. Robb and I are now foster parents to a little chocolate lab mix with the most beautiful blue/grey eyes ever. The lil guy was found on the street at 5 weeks old by animal rescue and spent the next week in the shelter sharing a cell with two other not-so-nice dogs. Hershel, as he was named by the shelter, came home on Saturday and having a 6 week old puppy added to the mix has affected virtually EVERY area of our lives. Just coming up with a name for him that we BOTH could agree on proved to be a challenge, but that's a WHOLE other story on it's own...


      Pic I sent to Robb from the Shelter                          Puppy 'John Doe' in his very own bed.

1 comment:

  1. ahhhhh!!! Hes SO cute!!!!! :)
    I don't blame you for bringing him home! I could NEVER go spend time at a shelter without bringing one home! Thankfully Cade and I have a strict human to dog ratio, therefore we are not allowed to get another until another human is added to the mix!! Cade and I both would have like 889909887 cute dogs if we could!!
    Can't wait to hear more about him!!

    ReplyDelete